[Air-L] Reminder - Improving Democracy Through Technology August 5, 9am PT

Betsy Cooper aspentechpolicyhub at aspeninstitute.org
Mon Aug 3 13:12:56 PDT 2020

Reminder: August 5 Webinar - Improving Democracy Through Technology

Our society faces deep challenges in terms of equity. Historically rooted
issues in terms of access to resources, democratic representation, and
discrimination unfortunately still affect our world, and the technology and
policy spheres are no exception. How might we harness, design, and think
about how to use technology to achieve policy changes that would begin to
mitigate these effects?

We write to remind you that this Wednesday August 5, 9-10am PT, our Aspen
Tech Policy Hub Fellows will showcase their projects focused [1]Improving
Democracy Through Technology. Our fellows, [2]Amy Wilson, [3]Liz Allendorf,
[4]Matthew Volk, and [5]Jessica Cole will be presenting their projects
focused on combating electoral disinformation, automated advocates, and
bringing a digital transformation to local politics. Following the
presentations, we are thrilled to be joined by [6]Justice
Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar, who will give a keynote address.

It’s not too late to register; sign up now: [7]Improving Democracy Through
Technology.

[8]RSVP

This conversation is part of the Aspen Tech Policy Hub’s Demo Day Video
Series. Please visit [9]our website to learn more about our series and RSVP
for other events and learn about our [10]past fellow projects here.

CONTACT US
[11]Twitter [12]Email Address [13]Website