[Air-L] We need researchers to help us test an NEH-funded GUI for a social media research tool

Claire Lauer claire.lauer at asu.edu
Mon Aug 10 10:43:33 PDT 2020

Hi All!

My name is Claire Lauer and I am an Associate Professor of technical
communication and UX at Arizona State University.  I am part of a team that
was awarded a digital humanities grant from the National Endowment for the
Humanities to develop a graphical user interface for a social media and web
research tool called MassMine (massmine.org).  Massmine is intended to help
researchers collect large datasets for language and cultural analysis.  To
optimize the design of Massmine’s new graphical user interface, we would
like to ask researchers (you and everyone you know!) to interact with the
interface this fall and provide us feedback on your experiences.

Please let me know if you might be able to help us out by emailing me at
claire.lauer at asu.edu.  This will always be a free tool and we are trying to
make it as useful and usable as possible.  The more participation we can
get from researchers who have an interest in collecting impactful and
relevant social media and web data, the more effective we can design the
tool to meet those needs.  Your participation will not require a
substantial time commitment and the more researchers we can get the better
the tool will be for everyone.

Let me know if you need more information. Here is a link to a "digital
humanities virtual hour" presentation we just gave at our university about
the project: https://youtu.be/Cv_53Vv3K_U

Thank you!
--
Claire Lauer, PhD
Associate Professor of Technical Communication and User Experience
claire.lauer at asu.edu
Pronouns: she/her/hers