[Air-L] JoCTEC Book Review Requests

Plothe, Theo plothet at savannahstate.edu
Wed Aug 19 21:26:05 PDT 2020

Colleagues,

In preparation for forthcoming issues of JoCTEC, we are soliciting book reviews from scholars like yourself. We have a number of titles for your consideration.

Anne H. Stevens, Molly C. O’Donnell, eds. The Microgenre: A Quick Look at Small Culture
https://www.bloomsbury.com/us/the-microgenre-9781501345807/

Elinor Carmi. Media Distortions: Understanding the Power Behind Spam, Noise, and Other Deviant Media (2020)
https://www.peterlang.com/view/title/70160

Brady Robards & Siân Lincoln. Growing Up on Facebook (2020)
https://www.peterlang.com/view/title/64408

Jiwoo Park & Dafna Lemish. KakaoTalk and Facebook: Korean American Youth Creating Hybrid Identities (2019)
https://www.peterlang.com/view/title/68515

Edward Downs, ed. The Dark Side of Media and Technology: A 21st Century Guide to Media and Technological Literacy(2019)
https://www.peterlang.com/view/title/65416

Jeremy Hunsinger & Andrew Schrock, eds. Making Our World: The Hacker and Maker Movements in Context (2019)
https://www.peterlang.com/view/title/69394

Andrea Guzman, ed. Human-Machine Communication (2018)
https://www.peterlang.com/view/title/64309

Bastiaan Vanacker & Don Heider, eds. Ethics for a Digital Age, Vol. 2 (2018)
https://www.peterlang.com/view/title/67397

D. Travers Scott, Pathology and Technology: Killer Apps and Sick Users (2018)
https://www.peterlang.com/view/title/65721

Theo Plothe & Amber Buck. Netflix at the Nexus (2019)
https://www.peterlang.com/view/title/69620?format=HC

Anne Stevens & Molly O’Donnell. The Microgenre: A Quick Look at Small Culture
https://www.bloomsbury.com/us/the-microgenre-9781501345807/

Reviews should be around 2000 words in length and should be submitted within three months of receipt of the book. If you are interested in reviewing any of these titles, please email me at plothet at savannahstate.edu<mailto:plothet at savannahstate.edu>. Please include your mailing address so I can arrange to have a copy of the book sent to you.

Best,
Dr. Plothe

--
Theo Plothe, PhD
Editor, Journal of Communication Technology