[Air-L] Rerearch on Github Contributors and LinkedIn

Niels ten Oever lists at digitaldissidents.org
Mon Aug 31 08:09:23 PDT 2020

Hi Ushnish,

In the Python-based tool BigBang [0] we have an experimental notebook called 'Walkers and Talkers' [1] that operationalizes an analysis about the interrelation between mailinglist activity and Github commits. There is also quite some work in BigBang on gender [2]. Jointly these analysis could help you answer your question through a quantitative approach.

Best,

Niels

[0] http://datactive.github.io/bigbang/
[1] https://github.com/datactive/bigbang/blob/master/examples/experimental_notebooks/Walkers%20and%20Talkers.ipynb
[2] https://github.com/datactive/bigbang/tree/master/examples/name-and-gender

--
Niels ten Oever
Researcher and PhD Candidate - DATACTIVE Research Group - University of Amsterdam

W: https://nielstenoever.net
E: mail at nielstenoever.net
T: @nielstenoever
P/S/WA: +31629051853
PGP: 2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488 643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3