[Air-L] The Future of Speech Online 2020 Event Series

Dhanaraj Thakur dthakur at cdt.org
Tue Dec 1 07:51:33 PST 2020

Dear all,

At this year's Future of Speech Online event we will explore key
technical concepts in the encryption policy debates, the encrypted
communications tools that underpin social movements and the work of
journalists, and possible approaches to moderating content in end-to-end
encrypted systems. We will also discuss the implications of restrictive
national anti-encryption laws for the open, global internet, and the
myriad protections that secure communications technologies provide. All
the sessions are online (registration is required). More details below.

take care,

Dhanaraj

--

*Dhanaraj Thakur* (he/him) | Research Director
Center for Democracy & Technology |*cdt.org <https://cdt.org/>*

    YOU'RE INVITED

CDT <https://t.e2ma.net/click/vezucd/vqc1j6/3w23uk>

The Future of Speech Online 2020 Event Series Registration
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/vezucd/vqc1j6/jp33uk>

*RSVP for the Future of Speech Online 2020 Event Series
<https://cdt.org/event/the-future-of-speech-online-2020/>*
Who do encryption technologies protect, why are these technologies under
threat, and what does an internet with human rights and secure
communication at its core look like? At the *fourth annual Future of
Speech Online Event Series*, we will explore key technical concepts in
the encryption policy debates, the encrypted communications tools that
underpin social movements and the work of journalists, and possible
approaches to moderating content in end-to-end encrypted systems.
We will also discuss the implications of restrictive national
anti-encryption laws for the open, global internet, and the myriad
protections that secure communications technologies provide. This year,
the event will be entirely virtual in light of the ongoing COVID-19
pandemic.
*Each day the week of December 7, we will host a session on a different
topic from 11:00 am-12:00 pm ET.*

*Registrants are invited to attend one session, several, or all. *

A full agenda, as well as registration, speakers, and sponsor
information, is available here
<https://charleskochinstitute.swoogo.com/foso2020/>. We hope to see you
there!

RSVP <https://t.e2ma.net/click/vezucd/vqc1j6/zh43uk>

*When:* Monday-Friday, December 7-11, 2020, 11:00 am-12:00 pm Eastern daily
*Speakers: *A list of speakers for each of the sessions is available on
the website <https://charleskochinstitute.swoogo.com/foso2020/831770>.
We're updating that list on a rolling basis as speakers are confirmed.
*Questions:* To submit questions in advance, please reply to this email
or contact us at questions at cdt.org <mailto:questions at cdt.org>. Questions
will be accepted during each event via email or the chat feature.

*Accessibility:* If you have access needs or questions, please contact
events at cdt.org <mailto:events at cdt.org> in advance of the event.
/The event is hosted by the Center for Democracy & Technology (CDT) in
partnership with the Charles Koch Institute, and brings together
policymakers, journalists, academics, corporations, advocates, and
thought leaders to discuss today’s most pressing issues around free
speech online./

Questions or concerns? Email us at events at cdt.org <mailto:events at cdt.org>.

    *#CONNECT WITH CDT*

DONATE <https://t.e2ma.net/click/vezucd/vqc1j6/fa53uk>