[Air-L] CfP: Digital War Special Issue

Olga Boichak boichak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:31:28 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I am delighted to share I have recently joined the *Journal of Digital War
<https://www.digital-war.org/digital-war-introduction>* as Editor.
*Digital war* is an interdisciplinary field which seeks to make sense of the
 digitally mediated shifts to the ways that contemporary wars are fought,
represented, understood, and remembered.

*Call for Papers: My War: Participation in Warfare (Special Issue)*,
co-edited by myself and Andrew Hoskins, will present a collection of
insights and perspectives on the participatory futures of armed conflicts.
Abstracts are due by *January 15*, and we are looking to accept submissions
of various themes and genres:
https://www.digital-war.org/blog/2020/11/23/special-issue-my-war-call-for-papers

*Inaugural Issue Launch.* In a few hours, we will be launching a triple
inaugural issue of *Digital War.* To mark the launch, the Mosaic Rooms are
hosting an online discussion at *2pm GMT, 3rd December*, featuring
presentations by Andrew Hoskins, William Merrin, Anthony Downey, and Shona
Illingworth, in association with Heba Y. Amin’s Exhibition: *When I see the
future, I close my eyes*. The inaugural issue includes contributions from
Art, Sociology, Media, Culture & Communication, Multi-Media Art, Law,
Visual Culture, Art and Activism, International Relations, Conflict History
& Archaeology, Memory Studies, International Security, Journalism, Design,
Open Source Investigations, Human Rights, War Studies, Cybersecurity,
Political Science, War Gaming, and Cultural & Political Geography. Please
see details here:
https://mosaicrooms.org/event/magazine-launch-journal-of-digital-war/
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/P35JCANpgjCPK6ADI9fnWU?domain=mosaicrooms.org/>

We would be delighted if you could join us for the launch and help spread
the word about our Call for Papers among your networks. Many thanks, and
please reach out with any questions or comments!

All my best,

~Olga

*___________________________*

*Dr Olga BOICHAK*