[Air-L] NEW ARTICLE: 'Government Efforts to Counter Propaganda Risk Undermining Public Trust'

Dr. Emma Briant teflpolsoc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 09:00:07 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues,
I hope you are keeping well and staying safe through the holidays.
I hope you won't mind me sharing my new article which I thought might be of
interest, published today in Canada's major national paper the Ottawa
Citizen on how democratic governments in the UK, Canada and the Netherlands
are adapting to disinformation and information warfare challenges in ways
that threaten citizens rights - including recent domestic targeting of
citizens and training by an off-shoot of Cambridge Analytica: 'Government
Efforts to Counter Propaganda Risk Undermining Public Trust
<https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/government-efforts-to-counter-propaganda-risk-undermining-public-trust>
'
<https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/government-efforts-to-counter-propaganda-risk-undermining-public-trust>
 (on Twitter
<https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/government-efforts-to-counter-propaganda-risk-undermining-public-trust>
 here)
Please do share if you think it will be of interest to colleagues or
students or anyone else.
Many thanks,
Emma

--
Dr Emma L Briant
Independent Researcher/Author/Analyst

Website: www.emma-briant.co.uk
Author of: *Propaganda and Counter-Terrorism: Strategies for Global
Change *from
Manchester University Press
Co-Author of: *Bad News for Refugees* with Prof. Greg Philo and Dr. Pauline
Donald from Pluto Press.
Follow me on Twitter @emmalbriant