[Air-L] [Dec. 18] Creating a Realistic Virtual Earth for Tourism: Harbin Hot Springs (S. MacLeod)

Scott MacLeod helianth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 12:07:39 PST 2020

Greetings, AoIR, Traci, All,

I'm glad to announce I'll be giving a UC Berkeley Anthropology talk -
http://www.tourismstudies.org/news_archive/MacLeod2020 - this Friday at 4pm
Pacific Time, open to all via Skype. The Realistic Virtual Earth I'll be
talking about is for collaborative ethnography in the digital age.

Here's a Tweet about this:
Glad to be giving a UC BERKELEY TSWG Anthropology talk Fr 12/18/2020
"Creating a realistic virtual earth for tourism and tourism studies with
actual-virtual Harbin Hot Springs: A Case Study" http://tourismstudies.org
@HarbinBook
 #RealisticVirtualHarbin in 1 #RealisticVirtualEarth ~
https://twitter.com/scottmacleod/status/1337375378495557632?s=20

And check out the first 3 media items here:
https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2020/12/doubledays-hummingbird-cynanthus.html
&
1st on #SmartPhone:
#TSWG Announce: http://www.tourismstudies.org/news_archive/MacLeod2020.htm (
http://www.tourismstudies.org/People.htm#SM)

https://twitter.com/HarbinBook/status/1338236794588950528?s=20

Friendly regards, Scott

Scott GK MacLeod

President, CEO, Founder, Professor

worlduniversityandschool.org
scottmacleod.com
https://twitter.com/scottmacleod

Best STEAM CC-4 OCW-centric wiki World Univ & Sch -
worlduniversityandschool.org
https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch
Languages - World Univ - http://twitter.com/sgkmacleod

The WUaS Press / Corp and WUaS Educational Services' Store -
http://worlduniversityandschool.org/AcademicPress.html
https://twitter.com/WUaSPress

https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Nation_States (planned in
~200 countries each a major online MIT OCW-centric university in countries'
official / main languages - and offering online Bachelor, Ph.D., Law, M.D.
and I.B. high school degrees from home).

https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Languages (planned in 7,117
known living languages, each a wiki school for open teaching and learning)

WUaS academic and creative open wiki subjects, planned in all 7117
languages -
https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Subjects

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President

- World University and School
- http://worlduniversityandschool.org

- 415 480 4577
- http://scottmacleod.com

- CC World University and School - like CC Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
CC OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission and any attachments are intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from
disclosure under applicable federal or state laws.  If the reader of this
transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify me immediately by email or telephone.

World University and School is sending you this because of your interest in
free, online, higher education. If you don't want to receive these, please
reply with 'unsubscribe' in the body of the email, leaving the subject line
intact. Thank you.