[Air-L] 12 Streams 2020 #4 – Future Trending in Programmable Telecoms – Mark Daley

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Dec 29 16:16:23 PST 2020

After yesterday's 2 hour marathon, a quick one today. I always say that,
for me, AfPIF is the single best ISOC event. It's always full of eye
opening stuff about peering. This year's virtual event was no exception.
This one, in the 'Beyond Peering' session, in particular.

Later in the session, there was an actual live demo
<https://archive.org/download/afpeering2/EN07_IX_API_Demo_-_Mark_Daley_%26_Mike_Hellers.mp4>
of an example IXP API.

ISOC Live posted: "Today, Tuesday December 29 2020, at 7:00pm EST (00:00
UTC) in the fourth instalment of the Internet Society Livestreaming‘s ‘12
Days of Streams‘ 2020 highlights, we feature a presentation from the second
in Virtual Peering Series – Africa, which had the t"

[image: livestream]
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/12streams2020-4>Today,
*Tuesday December 29 2020*, at *7:00pm EST* (00:00 UTC) in the fourth
instalment of the Internet Society Livestreaming‘s ‘12 Days of Streams‘
2020 highlights, we feature a presentation from the second in *Virtual
Peering Series – Africa
<https://www.afpif.org/virtual-peering-series-africa/>*, which had the
theme '*Beyond Peering
<https://www.afpif.org/virtual-peering-series-africa/beyond-peering/>*'. *Mark
Daley* – Director, Digital Strategy & Business Development, Epsilon
Telecommunications, gives a presentation '*Future Trending in Programmable
Telecoms*' and talks about how IXPs might implement APIs.

*VIEW ON LIVESTREAM: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/12streams2020-4
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/12streams2020-4>*

*TWITTER #12STREAMS <http://bit.ly/2t8HX2J> #IPeerinAfrica @isoc_africa
@AfIX @markodaley1 @Epsilontel*