[Air-L] Data access progress in Europe

Sarah Ann Oates soates at umd.edu
Fri Dec 4 06:49:59 PST 2020

This is very hopeful news. And this might seem perhaps a naive question,
but if Europe allows researchers to access data can U.S.-based researchers
use this as a vector in to worldwide data (i.e. on platforms such as
Facebook?). In particular, as I know that geotagging is minimal on many
platforms, if this is ethically open in Europe, does this open it for
researchers globally?

Sarah Oates
Pronoun: she/her

Professor and Senior Scholar