[Air-L] [Book Announcement] Lives of Data: Essays on Computational Cultures from India

Alette Schoon a.schoon at ru.ac.za
Thu Dec 17 00:41:31 PST 2020

Dear Sandeep

Thanks so much for sharing this. Indian and South Asian digital media
scholarship has been so useful for us to make sense of digital media
practices in South Africa - we actually had Ravi Sundaram here in Makhanda
for a short lecture series. I have also been following the work of Payal
Arora, Nimmi Rangaswamy, Neha Kumar and Syed Ahmed - so great to be
introduced to your work and numerous other Indian colleagues and to have it
available to share with students. Thank you for publishing with an open
access publisher - as our library budgets have been slashed I can attest
that this decision really helps to make scholarship accessible to
institutions in the Global South.

Much appreciation

Alette