[Air-L] Digital Activism Panel for AoIR 2020

Mathias Klang mathiasklang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 08:43:25 PST 2020

Hi all,

Nora Madison and I are putting together a panel submission on digital
activism (which can include digital resistance) for AoIR 2020. We are
organizing around the theme of power, justice, and inequality in
digitally mediated lives.

We are open to a wide exploration of the theme and are therefore
interested in topics such as technological support of activism, online
forms of protest, resistance to technology, anti-platform activism and
much more. The ultimate goal is to engage with the multitude of ways in
which technology supports or deters activism.

If you are interested in this panel, please email Nora directly
(noramadison at gmail.com <mailto:noramadison at gmail.com>) and send me a
200-250 word description of your project by February 14th.

If invited we will ask you to submit an extended abstract (1200 words)
by Feb 23.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Mathias

--