[Air-L] Reminder: Workshop on Location-based Games at DiGRA 2020

Dale Leorke (TAU) dale.leorke at tuni.fi
Mon Feb 10 05:16:45 PST 2020

Hi all,

This is a reminder about a workshop on 'The Future of Location-based Games Research' workshop at DiGRA 2020 this June in Tampere, Finland. We need to inform DiGRA of registered participants by 14th Feb, so if you'd like to attend please register through this link: https://forms.gle/4t5gxxzaBxZ5pBzn6

Call for Participants: The Future of Location-based Gaming Research workshop, DiGRA 2020, Tampere

2 June 2020, 10.00-16.30

We are seeking participants for a one-day workshop to be held during the pre-conference program of DiGRA 2020 in Tampere, Finland, focusing on the future of location-based games research. Interested participants should express their interest by simply completing this short form<https://forms.gle/4t5gxxzaBxZ5pBzn6> [link: https://forms.gle/4t5gxxzaBxZ5pBzn6]. Participants may just attend and participate in the discussion, or choose to also present a short paper of relevance to the theme. Please indicate your preference in the form.

We hope to attract participants from diverse backgrounds and cultures and at different stages of their career, from students and early career researchers to established scholars. We are particularly looking forward to including a diverse and mixed group of researchers from east and west.

If you have any questions, please contact Dale Leorke (dale.leorke at tuni.fi). Please complete the form by 14th February 2020.  To read the full CfP, including an outline of the workshop structure, please visit the website: https://lbgworkshop.wordpress.com/

Workshop Organizers:

Kati Alha, Elina Koskinen, Dale Leorke, Frans Mäyrä, Janne Paavilainen, Mattia Thibault (Tampere University, Finland); Nobushige Kobayashi (Tohoku Gakuin University, Japan), Yuhsuke Koyama (Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan), Ema Tanaka (Meiji University, Japan); Konstantinos Papangelis (Rochester Institute of Technology).

- - -

Dr Dale Leorke

Postdoctoral Researcher

Tampere University, Finland