[Air-L] Workshop and Shared task on Automated Extraction of Socio-political Events from News @ LREC 2020

ali hürriyetoglu ali.hurriyetoglu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 05:42:35 PST 2020

Dear colleagues,

We have some news we hope relevant to you.

We, the Emergent Markets Welfare Project and the Text and Data Mining
Competence Centre of the European Commission are organizing the workshop on
Automated Extraction of Socio-political Events from News (AESPEN) at the
Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2020)  [1]. There is a
shared-task, which is about Event Sentence Coreference Identification
(ESCI), organized in the scope of this workshop as well.

For information about the workshop, the shared task, and any updates,
please check the workshop web page [1]. The detailed description of the
shared task is on [2]. Sign and send the individual application form [3] to
ahurriyetoglu at ku.edu.tr if you would like to participate in the shared task
and receive the training data. The test data will be shared with the
participants a week before the deadline. The shared task participants will
have the possibility to submit a long or short paper to the workshop about
their methodology and results.

We have created an e-mail list [4] that aims at bringing people that work
on or interested in collecting socio-political events together. We would
love it if you join us there. Moreover, we would appreciate any help in
spreading the word on Twitter [5], Linkedin [6], or any other platform you
may like.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for anything you may have in mind.

Kind regards,

Ali

[1] https://emw.ku.edu.tr/aespen-2020/
[2]