[Air-L] Postdoctoral positions call at DATALAB - Center for Digital Social Research, Aarhus Uni in Denmark

Anja Bechmann anjabechmann at cc.au.dk
Wed Feb 19 03:14:33 PST 2020

Dear colleagues,

Come work with us at DATALAB – Center for Digital Social Research. We welcome amazing scholars to help us do great research at our center and contribute to building a strong interdisciplinary research community – please reach out to me if you have any questions or forward to your excellent PhDs/postdocs:

Postdoctoral Fellowship(s) at DATALAB – Center for Digital Social Research, DK

The Department of Media and Journalism at the School of Communication and Culture at Aarhus University in Denmark invites applicants for one or two postdoctoral positions at DATALAB – Center for Digital Social Research. These positions offer applicants an exciting opportunity to join the Aarhus University Research Foundation (AUFF) research project ‘AI in Digital Sociology’ and the EU H2020 research projects ‘SOMA’ and ‘NGI Forward’, which focus on social media and collective behaviour, next generation internet technologies and human values.

Each postdoc position is a full-time and fixed-term position and begins 1 April 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. Deadline for application is 3 March 2020. More information and upload of applications are available here: https://international.au.dk/about/profile/vacant-positions/job/postdoctoral-fellowship-s-at-datalab-center-for-digital-social-research-2770/

The School of Communication and Culture is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants regardless of their personal background.

Sincerely,

Anja Bechmann
Professor & Director of DATALAB

Mobile: (+45) 51335138
Email: anjabechmann at cc.au.dk
Web: www.datalab.au.dk

DATALAB, Center for Digital Social Research
Aarhus University
Helsingforsgade 14, ICT-City
8200 Aarhus N
Denmark

New publications:

Bechmann, A. & Zevenbergen, B. 2020. AI and Machine Learning: Ethical Guidelines<https://aoir.org/reports/ethics3.pdf>  IRE 3.0, Association of Internet Researchers.

Bechmann, A. 2019. Inequality in posting behavior over time: a study of Danish Facebook users<https://doi.org/10.2478/nor-2019-0012>, Nordicom Review, 40(1).

Bechmann, A. & Bowker, G.C. 2019. Unsupervised by any other name: Hidden layers of knowledge production in artificial intelligence on social media<https://doi.org/10.1177/2053951718819569>, Big Data & Society, 6(1).

Bechmann, A. & Nielbo, K. 2018. Are We Exposed to the Same “News” in the News Feed? An empirical analysis of filter bubbles as information similarity for Danish Facebook users<https://doi.org/10.1080/21670811.2018.1510741>, Digital Journalism, 6(8).

Bechmann, A. 2017. Keeping it real: From faces and features to social values in deep learning algorithms on social media images<https://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10125/41372>  HiCSS, 50.