[Air-L] Help with digital ethnography & early Internet history

Chris Julien juliencm22 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 10:47:49 PST 2020

Hi Lexi,

I'm also studying incels! I'm looking at networks on twitter, and I'm also
analyzing their tweets (currently have 180k tweets and scraping more each
week!)

Re: your question, I believe that Alex DiBranco has some articles
specifically about the history of MRAs, etc. Also be sure to check out this
institute that Alex and others have recently launched
https://www.malesupremacism.org/. Additionally, they're having a small
conference, co-hosted with UC-Berkeley, this coming August before ASA meets
in San Francisco! Abstracts are due Feb 10 so there's a bit of time left!
https://crws.berkeley.edu/call-papers-conference-right-wing-studies-conference-research-male-supremacism
I know I'll be at least attending, and hopefully presenting!

Please don't hesitate to reach out!

Best,
Chris

Chris Julien