[Air-L] WORKSHOP | The digital canon: Key texts in digital ethnography | LSE Digital Ethnography Collective

Glatt,ZA (pgr) Z.A.Glatt at lse.ac.uk
Mon Jan 20 09:31:51 PST 2020

Hi AoIRists!

We are pleased to invite you to attend our next event 'The digital canon: Key texts in digital ethnography' on Thursday 30th January, 6-7:30pm GMT, either in person or via livestream. This session takes the form of a collaborative workshop as we invite scholars of digital ethnography and enthusiasts to join us in discussing ‘what is canon?’ in digital ethnography. As qualitative research departments around the world begin to pay more attention to digital ethnography as a method but teaching on the subject remains in its infancy, we aim to develop a reading list of essential, exemplary, and exciting digital ethnographic research. We’ll be tackling such subjects as method, ethics, theory, as well as different directional interests within the genre such as gaming, labour, visual culture, new modes of sociality, and other emerging themes. You can BOOK A TICKET here: https://orange-raven-915.eventbritestudio.com/90604880637

Whether you can attend in person or not, we invite you to add your favourite digital ethnography readings to our SHARED READING LIST GOOGLE DOC HERE: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RaFQdQFdijQs6eQ_UlZRBuF30oD80uvisDyJXFjwuzw/edit?usp=sharing
As usual, we will also be livestreaming the event at 6pm GMT, which you can watch either live or later here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Zedstergal
You can also join our active Twitter thread about canonical digital ethnographic work here: https://twitter.com/DigEthnogLSE/status/1219279850361499648

We at the LSE Digital Ethnography Collective are very interested in finding new ways to collaborate internationally. We hope you appreciate the communal potential of shared readings lists, livestreamed events and productive Twitter threads as much as we do! <3

We invite participants to come (online or virtually) with a list of digital ethnographic readings that they are working with so that we can work on building this shared google doc into a master reading list together during the workshop. We will be sharing the compiled reading list out to our full mailing list afterwards, in hopes that this will be a very useful document for all of our members. This session is designed to benefit both those researchers with a strong background in the relevant literature looking to develop a reading list and scholars new to the genre wanting to know where to start. If you do not have a list of readings already then you are still welcome to attend.

All the best,
Zoe and Branwen

Zoë Glatt
www.zoeglatt.com<http://www.zoeglatt.com/>
ESRC PhD Researcher in Media & Communications
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Managing Editor: Communication, Culture & Critique
Co-Founder: LSE Digital Ethnography Collective @DigEthnogLSE<https://twitter.com/DigEthnogLSE>
Graduate Student Rep: Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR)
Associate Lecturer in Media & Communications (2019/20): Goldsmiths University
YouTube channel<https://www.youtube.com/user/Zedstergal> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ZoeGlatt> | LSE bio<http://www.lse.ac.uk/media-and-communications/people/phd-researchers/zoe-glatt>