[Air-L] Interest in AoIR2020 submission on industry-academia data sharing?

Zimmer, Michael michael.zimmer at marquette.edu
Fri Jan 31 18:46:08 PST 2020

Hi all -

I'm brainstorming some kind of session at #AoIR2020 on the challenges of data sharing between industry and academia. This has lots of flavors, but includes issues related to changes in APIs that might limit researchers' access to data, attempts to formalize data sharing through arrangements like Social Science One, or researchers deciding to just hack & scrape their way to data.

What might a session at #AoIR2020 on this topic look like, and what would be helpful for the community? I can envision a workshop on the topic, or just a roundtable session discussing it. I can envision having researchers and industry folks both there. But what makes sense?

Anyone interested in exploring this with me? Please send me an email at michael.zimmer at marquette.edu and let's brainstorm how to put a submission together.

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science
michael.zimmer at marquette.edu
www.michaelzimmer.org
@michaelzimmer