[Air-L] Call for nominations, 2020 ASIS&T SIG SI (Social Informatics) Awards

Adam Worrall worrall at ualberta.ca
Thu Jul 2 16:39:07 PDT 2020

Hi everyone, just a friendly reminder that the deadlines for submitting a
nomination for the Association for Information Science and Technology
Special Interest Group for Social Informatics's (ASIS&T SIG SI) Best Paper
and Emerging Social Informatics Researcher Awards are coming up a little
over a week from now, on *July 10*. Please see our original call for
nominations (quoted below) for details on how to nominate; self-nominations
are welcome and the process is fairly easy!

We would especially encourage students whose research relates to social
informatics or cognate areas (e.g. sociotechnical systems, ICT4D, Internet
research, etc.) to consider applying for our new Emerging Social
Informatics Researcher Awards, as if you are selected as one of two winners
you may be able to attend the online ASIS&T 2020 Annual Meeting and Social
Informatics Research Symposium (co-organized by SIG SI, SM [Social Media],
and IEP [Information Ethics & Policy]). Or if you are a supervisor or
advisor of, or collaborator with, a student who might be interested, please
also encourage them to apply for the award! Students at all levels are
welcome to apply, and good luck!

- Adam (Awards Coordinator, ASIS&T SIG SI)