[Air-L] How to calculate survey sample size for multiple social media platforms?

Matt Erlandsen matt.erlandsen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:06:09 PDT 2020

Hello everybody,

Hopefully you are all safe and sound.

I need to conduct an online survey, which will be handed out through
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the website of a local online newspaper.

My objective is to reach their audience as a whole, yet I am confused and
lost about how to calculate the survey sample size having in consideration
that:

1) There are fans from Facebook and followers in Instagram who are the same
person (but of course I cannot match them to filter them out);

2) What number should I use as a population in order to calculate the
sample size --i.e Facebook fans, Twitter followers, Instagram followers,
web page visitors, or a sum of all of those, an average of all of those,
should I calculate and therefore run one survey sample size for each
platform/source?

If you could give me any input/feedback on this I will be very glad.

Thanks a lot.

*Matt Erlandsen*
*Estudiante Doctorado en Ciencias de la Comunicación*
*PhD Student of Communication Sciences*
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
+56 (9) 8218-5055
@matterlandsen <http://twitter.com/matterlandsen>
Santiago, RM, Chile.-

By not printing this email you've helped save paper, ink, and millions of
trees.
No imprimas este mensaje, así estarás ahorrando papel, tinta, y millones de
árboles.