[Air-L] New article on algorithms in facilitating online deliberation

Nardine.Alnemr Nardine.Alnemr at canberra.edu.au
Tue Jul 14 02:21:13 PDT 2020

Hi all,
I hope you're staying safe and well.
My article on algorithmic facilitation in online deliberation has been published in Contemporary Politics. In the article I survey some of theoretical and practical blind spots in replacing human facilitators with algorithms and artificial facilitators (chatbots) in democratic citizen deliberation. The main shortcoming is that none of the designs of these democratic processes is actually democratic.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13569775.2020.1791306

Looking forward to knowing your thoughts

Thanks
Nardine
[UC Logo]<http://www.canberra.edu.au>

[Mid-year entry at the University of Canberra]<https://www.canberra.edu.au/study-uc>

[UC Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfCanberra>[UC Twitter]<https://twitter.com/UniCanberra>[UC Instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/unicanberra/>[UC Linkedin]<https://au.linkedin.com/school/university-of-canberra/>[UC Youtube]<https://www.youtube.com/user/uniofcanberra>    [University of Canberra] <http://www.canberra.edu.au>

Australian Government Higher Education Registered Provider (CRICOS) #00212K

The University of Canberra acknowledges the Ngunnawal people, traditional custodians of the lands where Bruce Campus is situated. We wish to acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of Canberra and the region. We also acknowledge all other First Nations Peoples on whose lands we gather.

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or copyright materials and are for the attention of the addressee only. If you have received this email in error please notify us by email reply and delete it from your system. The University of Canberra accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.