[Air-L] The journal Global Media and China published the latest issue!

Xiao Han kilou.xiao.han at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 19:04:00 PDT 2020

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue(Volume 5, Issue 2, June 2020).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:

https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac <https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac>. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: http://journals.sagepub.com/toc/gch/current <http://journals.sagepub.com/toc/gch/current>

Volume 5, Issue 2, June 2020

Research Articles

Yiu-Wai Chu

Introduction: Mediating borders: New boundaries for Hong Kong studies

Yiu-Wai Chu

Hong Kong (in China) studies: Hong Kong popular culture as example

Matthew Ming-tak Chew

Discovering the digital Stephen Chow: The transborder influence of Chow’s films on the Chinese Internet in the 2010s

Helena Wu

Sports as a lens: The contours of local and national belonging in post-handover Hong Kong

Weng Kit Chan

Beyond nationhood: Border and coming of age in Hong Kong cinema

Original Articles

Chen Yang

How China’s image affects Chinese products in a partisan-motivated US market

Xianwen Kuang, Hui Wang

Framing international news in China: An analysis of trans-edited news in Chinese newspapers

Book Reviews

Min Jiang

Book Review: Robert Hinck, Skye Cooley, & Randolph Kluver, Global Media and Strategic Narratives of Contested Democracy: Chinese, Russian, and Arabic Media Narratives of the US Presidential Election

Saba Bebawi

Book Review: Haiyan Wang, The Transformation of Investigative Journalism in China: From Journalists to Activists

Yuan Ping

Book Review: X Zhang, H Wasserman & W Mano (Eds.), China’s Media and Soft Power in Africa: Promotion and Perceptions and K Batchelor & X Zhang (Eds.), China-Africa Relations: Building Images Through Cultural Cooperation, Media Representation and Communication

Dr HAN Xiao

Research Assistant, Social Media Centre, Communication University of China (CUC)

Commissioning Editor, Global Media and China http://journals.sagepub.com/home/gch <http://gch.sagepub.com/>