[Air-L] CfA: Post-Doc and 3 PhD students wanted for AI & Society Lab in Berlin

Juliane Henn juliane.henn at hiig.de
Thu Jul 16 07:09:57 PDT 2020

Dear list members,

At the beginning of next year, a new research group with a special focus
on the promotion of junior researchers in the field of AI will be
launched at the Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society
(https://www.hiig.de/en/) here in Berlin. The project is funded by the
German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and is located in the
AI & Society Lab (https://www.hiig.de/en/research/ai-and-society-lab/)
at our institute in Berlin Mitte.

For this research group, we are looking for:

*** a *postdoctoral researcher on October 1*
(https://www.hiig.de/en/postdoctoral-researcher-m-f-d-with-technical-expertise-and-experience/)
and

*** *two doctoral students on January 1, 2021*
(https://www.hiig.de/en/phd-candidates-with-technical-expertise-and-experience/)
with technical expertise in the fields of computer science, applied
statistics, data science, especially NLP and computer vision, who would
like to deal with not only technical but also societal aspects and
consequences of AI.

We are also looking for a *PhD student with a design/UX background*
(https://www.hiig.de/en/phd-candidate-m-f-d-with-design-ux-expertise-and-experience/).
Business-fluent German and English language skills are mandatory.

Please forward these calls to eligible candidates and of course, don't
hesitate to contact me if you have further questions!

Best from Berlin
Juliane

--
Juliane Henn

--
 <http://www.hiig.de/>Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet und
Gesellschaft gGmbH

<http://www.facebook.com/HIIG.Berlin>    <https://twitter.com/hiig_berlin>
  <https://www.instagram.com/hiigberlin/>

Gesellschaftssitz Berlin |
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg | HRB 140911B |  USt-ID DE  291 151 171

Forschungsdirektorium: Prof. Dr. Jeanette Hofmann (Geschäftsführung) ·
Prof. Dr. Björn Scheuermann · Prof. Dr. Dr. Thomas Schildhauer · Prof. Dr.
Wolfgang Schulz  |  Geschäftsführung: Dr. Karina Preiß