[Air-L] Brookings Tech Tank Blog on Disinfo

Dr. Emma Briant teflpolsoc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 05:38:35 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,
I just wanted to make you aware of my new blog published in The Brookings
Institution
<https://emma-briant.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e7f9f1379bf0f0311ebba75d7&id=6ae96d81ad&e=ba76ce6920>
 Tech Tank Blog - in my article "We need tougher action against
disinformation and propaganda," I highlight the weaknesses in our approach
to tackling disinformation, influence and information operations
post-Cambridge Analytica scandal. The piece considers the action that's
STILL needed to address one of the most complex problems of our time. It
may be of interest to colleagues or students.
Apologies for any cross posting.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/techtank/2020/07/15/we-need-tougher-action-against-disinformation-and-propaganda/amp/#click=https://t.co/5KVwQUPIp2

Thank you for your interest,
Emma
--
Dr Emma L Briant
Independent Researcher/Author/Analyst

Website: www.emma-briant.co.uk
Author of: *Propaganda and Counter-Terrorism: Strategies for Global
Change *from
Manchester University Press
Co-Author of: *Bad News for Refugees* with Prof. Greg Philo and Dr. Pauline
Donald from Pluto Press.
Follow me on Twitter @emmalbriant