[Air-L] Question: Increase in vigilantism/surveillance over refugees during the pandemic?

Raphael Tsavkko Garcia tsavkko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 04:55:33 PDT 2020

Dear all,

I understand that it's maybe too early to have many (or any) articles on the subject, but researchers who have focused on state responses to the refugee crisis around the world have noticed an increase in surveillance (through uses of technology) and control over refugee groups during the pandemic?

There are reports that Venezuelan refugees in Brazil have been under increased surveillance by the Brazilian army (though I don't know the details). Is there anything similar or notable in other parts of the world (such as increased control over Syrian refugees on the Greek-Turkish border, etc)?

I am trying to collect material or even get in touch with academics who have research in the area.
Best,
Raphael T.

--
Raphael Tsavkko Garcia, Ph.D

http://www.tsavkko.com.br [http://www.tsavkko.com.br/]

Portfolio [https://www.tsavkko.com.br/in-the-media-test/] – LinkedIn [https://www.linkedin.com/in/tsavkko/] –  Twitter PT [https://twitter.com/tsavkko] – Twitter EN/ES [https://twitter.com/tsavkko_intl]