[Air-L] Syllabus Recommendations

Peter Timusk peterotimusk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 01:04:17 PDT 2020

You may want to look at law and court cases as an example of public policy. Domain name registration disputes have a history of cases. You could look at hacker court cases. Or you could look at privacy online and Supreme Court decisions. Canada’s Supreme Court decided a few years ago one has an expectation that surfing the Internet from home is private and law enforcement should not be able to spy on what you are browsing. Canada also has public policy concerning the digital divide still in these days and spends tens of millions a year around digital divide activities like the Canadian Internet Use Survey which I have worked on as a statistician.

Peter T.

I don't speak for my employer or associations I am a member of or volunteer for unless otherwise noted.