[Air-L] Big Data for Social Scientists two-day online course, 20-21 July

Robert Ackland robert.ackland at anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 23 18:11:38 PDT 2020

Hello,

I'm running a two-day online version of my "Big Data for Social
Scientists" course, 20-21 July.

The course covers an introduction to the collection and analysis of
socially-generated 'big data' using the R statistical software, with a
focus on social media networks (Twitter, YouTube and Reddit), and text
data. Particularly useful to academics and PhD students who want to
become more computationally literate, and those from technical
disciplines who want to become more familiar with social science
approaches to big data research. Also useful for people from industry
and government whose work involves quantitative analysis of social media
data.

https://www.acspri.org.au/master-class-july-2020-big-data-analysis-online

We'll be covering VOSON Lab R tools for collecting/analysing social
media network data, other R packages for text analysis, and Gephi for
network visualisation.

The AUD is still pretty low and the fact it's an online course (via
Zoom) makes it a great time for international colleagues who'd like some
training in VOSON R tools (and SNA and text analysis in R)!

--

Robert Ackland
School of Sociology & VOSON Lab

e-mail: robert.ackland at anu.edu.au <mailto:robert.ackland at anu.edu.au>