[Air-L] A good way to respond to a query from a student about activism?

Sugar, Benjamin Nathan bsugar at iu.edu
Sat Jun 6 12:45:55 PDT 2020

Steve,

Thank you for a very thought provoking posting.   I can’t overstate my appreciation that you did respond and did so with the urgency it deserved.  You’ve given me an opportunity for introspection in a place I hadn’t even thought was there to be introspected.

All the different types of responses you list have different dynamics.  I’d very much like the opportunity to respond to them (and Sarah’s question as well, stay tuned!) but I don’t have the time to at this moment.

While it is only due to your having responded so quickly that we are now able to reflect upon it, I’d like to leave a bit of space on the timing aspect for people who have won’t have an opportunity to respond until later.

Speaking for myself, had I not seen this weekend, I probably would have felt that I "missed the moment” and not responded.  Which (correct me if I’m wrong) is the opposite of your larger point: timing wouldn’t be an issue if there was a conversation continually occuring throughout time.

With gratitude for the inspiration,

Benjamin