[Air-L] Dismantling systemic racism: from OII

Amelia Hassoun amelia.hassoun at oii.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jun 21 07:58:28 PDT 2020

Thank you for sharing, Maya!

We’re sharing our process and asking people to keep watching us and holding us accountable at the Twitter handle @antiracistOII, so please follow us if you want to help us in this.

The annotated bibliography<https://docs.google.com/document/d/146XaYuhUAng6rGV9mChDkvWdYIfwpSXlle1RUxUaBUE/edit> is also open to commenting, so if any of you bright people would like to add resources for us all to share or help annotate existing ones, please do — we are reading and accepting the new additions on a daily basis.

We hope that anyone will freely use and adapt the template<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fn4ddFgQT32Nf8SgRvdTMS_PJlMLL12tph6X6gzNORY/edit?usp=sharing> to their own institutions/departments — we worked to make it as concrete and actionable as possible, as a first step toward dismantling institutional racism in academia. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, and thank you so much for your support. I (and my colleagues!) hope we can all do this much-needed work collectively.

Best wishes,

Mia Hassoun
(DPhil candidate, Oxford Internet Institute)