[Air-L] HASTAC 2020 - We've go more room; you've got more time

Knight, Kim kim.knight at utdallas.edu
Wed Mar 4 15:24:06 PST 2020

Dear All,

Apologies for cross-posting.

The local HASTAC organizing team is thrilled with the number and quality of submissions we have received for #hastac2020. The proposal engagements with hindsight, foresight, and insight are evocative and inspiring.

UTD's Fall schedule became available this week and we were surprised to find that we have more space than we anticipated for the conference. So we are excited to announce that we are able to expand our space and accept more sessions than anticipated. To that end, we can offer a final deadline extension of March 21 for anyone still thinking about joining us for our collective imaginings of new futures.

We are working on sponsorships and grant funding to support travel for presenters who are graduate students, contingent faculty, and others without travel funds, including scholars and artists from state institutions in California whose are prohibited from using funds for travel to TX.

If you have been trying to decide between the Art and Media show or a panel presentation, please note that selection and participation in the Art and Media show does not count toward the conference limit regarding participation in leading or presenting in workshops, roundtables, or other panels.

With confirmed plenary participation from Jodi Byrd, Simone Browne, Anne Cong-Huyen, Julian Chambliss, Cathy N. Davidson, Julie Thompson Klein, Tara McPherson, Timothy Murray, Adashima Oyo, Marisa Parham, Katina Rogers, Jacqueline Wernimont, and more TBA, we are looking forward to rolling up our sleeves and getting to work on the futures we want to inhabit.

The full call and more information about the plenary sessions can be found at http://hastac2020.org

_____
Dr. Kim Brillante Knight
Pronouns: She/her/hers
Associate Professor
Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, ATEC
School of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication
The University of Texas at Dallas
kim.knight at utdallas.edu
http://kimknight.com

Check out the ATEC Graduate Handbook<https://utdallas.box.com/v/atecgradhandbook>!