[Air-L] WEBCAST TUE-THU: Ethiopia Internet Development Conference 2020

Scott MacLeod helianth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:41:25 PST 2020

Joly, and AoIR,

Thanks so so much for sharing this, and with an Amharic language
stream especially!

WUaS would like to dovetail this in real time with Ethiopia World
University and School -
https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Ethiopia (
https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Nation_States ), and may
wiki-add these Youtube videos. Who here on the AoIR list would like to help
focus Ethiopia World Univ & Sch - and in the Amharic language?
(Effectively, you'd become a head of Ethiopia WUaS).

And here's the wiki Amharic language subject pate at WUaS -
https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Amharic_language (Planned in
the Amharic language with free-to-students' MIT OCW-centric university and
high school degrees online) accessible from
https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Languages . And all these
WUaS wiki schools will grow potentially enormously for open teaching and
learning, as well as for free best STEM OpenCourseWare-centric online
degrees - https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/translated-courses/.

Cheers, Scott
http://worlduniversityandschool.org/
https://twitter.com/WUaSPress
https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch
- https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/Africa -

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 11:05 PM Joly MacFie <joly at punkcast.com> wrote:

> Day 2 of this is under way.
>
> Breakout tracks will now be recorded and streamed at a later time on the
> Plenary Channel. Channel 2 has been rededicated to Amharic interpretation.
> Thus
>
> *PLENARY + TRACK 1 (English):
> https://livestream.com/internetsociety/eidc20
> <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/eidc20>*
> *PLENARY + TRACK 1 (Amharic)
> https://livestream.com/internetsociety2/eidc20
> <https://livestream.com/internetsociety2/eidc20>*
>
> *SIMULCAST: https://www.facebook.com/ISOCAfrica/
> <https://www.facebook.com/ISOCAfrica/>*
>
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 3:55 AM Joly MacFie <joly at punkcast.com> wrote:
>
> > This is well under way. We have managed an Amharic stream too. That can
> be
> > accessed vis ISOC Africa facebook or #EIDC2020 on twitter. Whether we'll
> > achieve that on all 3 tracks tomorrow remains to be seen!
> >
> > ISOC Live posted: "On 3-5 March 2020 the Internet Society, together with
> > its partners, hosts the Ethiopia Internet Development Conference 2020
> > (EIDC) in Addis Ababa. Recently, the former Ethiopian state monopoly on
> > telecommunication has been abolished. The EIDC is a multi-s"
> >

> > [image: livestream] <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/eidc20>On
> *3-5
> > March 2020* the *Internet Society <https://isoc.org>*, together with its
> > partners, hosts the *Ethiopia Internet Development Conference 202
> > <
> https://www.internetsociety.org/events/ethiopia-internet-development-conference-2020/
> >0*
> > (EIDC) in Addis Ababa. Recently, the former Ethiopian state monopoly on
> > telecommunication has been abolished. The EIDC is a multi-stakeholder
> event
> > enabling the local community to prepare and create the foundation for a
> > robust Internet ecosystem in this new post-monopoly era.

> [...]

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President

- World University and School
- http://worlduniversityandschool.org

- 415 480 4577
- http://scottmacleod.com

- CC World University and School - like CC Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
CC OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission and any attachments are intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from
disclosure under applicable federal or state laws.  If the reader of this
transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify me immediately by email or telephone.

World University and School is sending you this because of your interest in
free, online, higher education. If you don't want to receive these, please
reply with 'unsubscribe' in the body of the email, leaving the subject line
intact. Thank you.