[Air-L] AI Ethics: Publication Norms for Responsible AI (Part 1)

Abhishek Gupta abhishek at montrealethics.ai
Tue May 5 12:42:20 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Of likely interest to folks here, the *Montreal AI Ethics Institute* is
co-hosting this session on publications norms in responsible AI with
*Partnership
on AI*, details are as follows:

*We'll be discussing on the following as it relates to publishing AI
research:*

1) What can we learn from other fields dealing with high-stakes technology,
and from history?
2) What are the potential pitfalls of changing the existing status quo of
publishing norms?
3) How can we encourage researchers to think about the risks of their
works, as well as the benefits?
4) What tools or services need to exist to help people navigate
publications decisions?
5) How can we design effective review processes?
6) How do we coordinate effectively as a community?

*Date*: May 13, 2020 Noon-1 pm
*Venue*: Zoom
*Link for tickets*:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/ai-ethics-publication-norms-for-responsible-ai-part-1-tickets-103616674262?aff=erelpanelorg

Looking forward to seeing you there, thanks!

Abhishek