[Air-L] Expression of interests for partners/connections for non-profit Nordic Center for Privacy

Cory Robinson cory.robinson at liu.se
Wed May 20 14:54:34 PDT 2020

With some initial successes, such as support and recognization from the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Sweden's Internetstiftelsen (Internet Foundation), Association of Nordic Engineers, among others, I'm reaching out to AoIR for guage interest or support from individuals in the community.

Briefly, the non-profit is described as "a research-based institution inspired by the Nordics' shared cultural values of trust, transparency, and openness, with the intent to inform policy, push progressive research in themes related to privacy, including informed, consented use of personal data in AI, IoT, and e-health. Recognized and supported by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), Association of Nordic Engineers (ANES), along with other international industrial, non-profit, and academic institutions (forthcoming news on these partnerships), privacy is a critical competitive advantage for industry, can further inclusion of Nordic values in European legislation, and engage citizens for whom privacy is a human right."

The development has moved quickly, as this idea started as a LinkedIn post two weeks ago<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/stephencoryrobinson_privacy-ethics-ai-activity-6664257689692053504-xsD2>, and received an (unexpected) overwhelming positive response.

Ping me on crobinson at keemail.io<mailto:crobinson at keemail.io>, find me on LinkedIn, or just reply here, too. The entity is supported by multiple industry, academic, and government partners, but if you find interest in this output, by all means, let me know. 🙂

Best,
Cory
--
Senior Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Communication Design
Linköping University
E: cory.robinson at liu.se
http://liu-se.academia.edu/StephenCoryRobinson<http://colostate.academia.edu/StephenCoryRobinson>