[Air-L] Question: Twitter follower count distribution

Jakob Jünger jakob.juenger at uni-greifswald.de
Wed May 6 12:31:17 PDT 2020

Dear Aram,

that question also interests me.

Based on data from two projects, I assume the distribution doesn't
follow a power law, but rather a lognormal distribution (maybe MLP,
modified lognormal power-law?). Though, I didn't have time to dig into
it yet. See below, the first picture is based on follower counts of 350
German news outlets, the second is from a study about 1835 communication
scholars
(https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1461444819863413). It
looks to me like there are some tiers or superimposed distributions.
Sample size is somewhat small, maybe someone has insight into the
distributions on a larger data basis?

Cheers
Jakob

--