[Air-L] Question: Twitter follower count distribution

Jakob Jünger jakob.juenger at uni-greifswald.de
Wed May 6 13:48:40 PDT 2020

Thanks for the advice, may I follow up on this? My first thought was
poisson, too. But poisson distributions (and gaussian) assume the events
occur independently, as far as I know. And that should not be true for
follower counts because, I guess, there is some kind of (nonlinear)
preferential attachment process behind this (e.g.
http://networksciencebook.com/chapter/3#not-poisson). Might be I missed
something. Maybe someone knows studies that fit distributions of social
media metrics?