[Air-L] Twitter & Surveys

kiran gvr gvrkirann at gmail.com
Sun May 10 06:53:16 PDT 2020

Hi,

We've been thinking about this recently, and one way we approached this is
through Twitter ads. Twitter allows us to target ads to a list of users if
we have their twitter handles. We promote a tweet containing a link to a
survey in the ad.

On the practical side, unfortunately we haven't had great success in
getting the ads to run, but that might be me not being able to set it up
right. If anyone has thought of this, and/or has tried it, I'd be happy to
hear from them.

Regards,
Kiran Garimella
MIT

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 12:35 AM Muira McCammon <muira.n.mccammon at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, all,
>

> I have always appreciated the rich methodological discussions on the this
> listserv.  I was curious to talk with folks to hear about what kinds of
> strategies have worked for them in reaching out to followers of Twitter
> accounts. I am particularly interested in hearing from anyone, who has ever
> conducted research that relied on tweeting a survey at specific Twitter
> users whose other contact information might otherwise unavailable (i.e. DMs
> are closed and limited personally identifiable info is disclosed in their
> profiles).
>

> Thank you for sharing any insights you might have on this matter in
> advance.
>

> Wishing you all health and reasonably good spirits,
>

> Muira
>

> ***
>
> *Muira McCammon*
>
> *Ph.D. candidate, Annenberg School for Communication *
>
> *M.L. candidate, University of Pennsylvania Law School*
>
> *Twitter: **@muira_mccammon * <https://twitter.com/muira_mccammon>

Kiran