[Air-L] Online collaborative timeline/drawing tools?

Michiel Leenaars michiel.ml at nlnet.nl
Sun Nov 1 01:06:50 PDT 2020

Hi Jaime,

> Hi. I'm currently working on a project evaluating service delivery during
> COVID-19 and we're interested in having focus groups of staff members
> generate their own timelines of change (alongside emotional and affect).
> However, we're doing this online and we'd like the creation to be somewhat
> collaborative. I was wondering if there's any of you with any experience of
> doing this, ideas for software or websites where this can be done? Thanks a
> ton!

for collaborative drawing, have a look at these open source options:

https://excalidraw.com
https://drawpile.net
https://wbo.ophir.dev/
http://oxoyo.co/XBoard
https://github.com/cracker0dks/Accelerator
https://github.com/thesephist/draw

For non-graphical (text based) alternatives I can suggest:

https://demo.codimd.org
https://cryptpad.fr

You could also have a look at Mozilla Hubs if you want to do a 3D variant.

Kind regards,
Michiel Leenaars
NLnet