[Air-L] (Virtual) Internet Governance Forum starts today! Livestream info, etc., etc

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Nov 2 00:51:07 PST 2020

You probably don't need me to tell you the 2020IGF has started, but please
find the handy links below. 'Huma resilience' is indeed what one needs to
get through the program! To participate via zoom one must 1) register 2)
add the session to one's 'personal calendar' on the site. Then the zoom
link should appear. What I recommend, as a way of keeping up, is just to
open 3 browser windows on the real time text, and let 'em run.

Here are some sessions featuring our ISOC colleagues during week 1. I am
sure there are more

*Tue 3 Nov*
08:00 UTC Room 3 Protecting the Public Core of the Internet: from
formulation to implementation
Vint Cerf (Former ISOC Chair)
Wolfgang Kleinwächter (former Trustee)

11:00 UTC Room 1  Internet Society's Collaborative Leadership Exchange (CLX)
Alejandra Prieto, Senior Manager, Youth Fellowship Program
https://internetsociety.wufoo.com/forms/igf2020isoc-collaborative-leadership-exchange/

*Weds 4 Nov*
08:10 UTC Room 2 Dynamic Coalition on Schools of Internet Governance
Avri Doria (ISOC-NY)
Olga Cavalli (ISOC AR)

10:30 UTC Room 3 Internet in Crisis Management and Renewal
Olivier Crépin-Leblond, ISOC UK
Alejandro Pisanty, ISOC MX
Sebastien Bachollet, ISOC FR

18:20 UTC Room 2 Community Networks at Times of Crises and Pandemics
Jane Coffin, SVP,  Internet Growth, ISOC

*Thurs 5 Nov*
09:10 UTC Room 1 Launch of DC Internet Standards, Security & Safety
(DC-ISSS)
Olaf Kolkman, Principal - Internet Technology, Policy, and Advocacy, ISOC

*Fri 6 Nov*
08:00 UTC Room 1 Promoting Trust on the Internet through Osaka Track
Vint Cerf (Former ISOC Chair)
Rinalia Abdul Rahim, SVP, Strategy, Communications and Engagement, ISOC

11:30 UTC Room 2 Accessibility - Closing the Gap
Muhammad Shabbir Awan, Accessibility SIG
Judith Hellerstein, Accessibility SIG
Gunela Astbrink, Accessibility SIG

14:20 UTC Room 2 Net Neutrality at times of Covid19
Alejandro Pisanty, ISOC Mexico

17:10 UTC Room 1 The Criticality of the Internet for SIDS in a global crisis
Tracy Hackshaw, ISOC TT
Maureen Hilyard, PICISOC
Cherie Lagakali, PICISOC

ISOC Live posted: "Over the next two weeks the Fifteenth Annual Meeting of
the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) will be hosted online by the United
Nations under the overarching theme Internet for human resilience and
solidarity. The programme centers around the four main th"

[image: vigf2020] <https://www.intgovforum.org/vIGF/>Over the next two
weeks the *Fifteenth Annual Meeting of the Internet Governance Forum
<https://www.intgovforum.org/vIGF/>* (IGF) will be hosted online by the
United Nations under the overarching theme *Internet for human resilience
and solidarity*. The programme centers around the four main thematic
tracks: (1) Data; (2) Environment; (3) Inclusion; (4) Trust.

The IGF 2020 pre-events, newcomers sessions, thematic introductory
sessions, as well as the Open Forums, NRIs and DC sessions will be hosted
on 2–6 November during the meeting's first phase. The meeting will be
officially opened on 9 November and closed on 17 November. During this
7-day phase, workshops, main sessions, the high-level leader's track, a
parliamentary roundtable, and thematic concluding sessions will be hosted.

*LIVESTREAMS https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk0zf4oI0IsJLh1owvUQSfQ
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk0zf4oI0IsJLh1owvUQSfQ> |
http://webtv.un.org/ <http://webtv.un.org/>*

*SCHEDULE https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/igf-2020-schedule/