[Air-L] AoIR2020 Thank You

Jones, Steve sjones at uic.edu
Mon Nov 2 08:27:31 PST 2020

Due to personal circumstances I was only able to attend small portions of AoIR2020, but what I did see, from the prerecorded videos to the live sessions, from the social gatherings to the AGM, reaffirmed my belief in and gratitude for the AoIR community. Like all of us I have in the past eight months experienced more virtual conferences than I thought I ever would, and AoIR2020 was far and away the best, intellectually and socially. I appreciate the enormous amount of effort that went into organizing it by the association coordinator, executive committee and volunteers, and I appreciate the energy and enthusiasm of all of the participants. Whether online or offline or in some combination of those, AoIR continues to exhibit the best characteristics of a scholarly community. Thank you, all, and please, everyone take good care so that we may continue to share our ideas and friendship, and keep our conversations going.

Steve