[Air-L] CFP for the 2021 Carolinas Communication Association Annual Conference

Peter Joseph Gloviczki PhD pgloviczki at coker.edu
Sun Nov 8 13:57:47 PST 2020

Friends,

Below, please find the CFP for the 2021 Carolinas Communication Association
Annual Conference.

As always, feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I look
forward to receiving your submissions!

Peter

PATHWAYS

Mars Hill University

Mars Hill, North Carolina

Carolinas Communication Association

2021 Annual Conference

September 24-25, 2021

    Communication opens itself to a variety of paths to research, teaching
and service. This year’s Carolinas Communication Association theme is
Pathways. Our paths will converge in Mars Hill, North Carolina, for the
Carolinas Communication Association annual conference at Mars Hill
University in Mars Hill, North Carolina, on September 24-25, 2021. While we
are planning an in-person conference, we will prioritize the health and
safety of our community. We will keep members abreast of any changes as a
result of the evolving public health situation.

    We invite a variety of submissions, including:

   -

   Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to submit their research
   papers.
   -

   Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to submit research
   posters.
   -

   Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to give reports of
   research-in-progress.
   -

   Faculty are invited to submit research papers.
   -

   Faculty are invited to submit research or teaching panels.
   -

   Faculty are invited to submit Great Ideas For Teaching Students, which
   we call GIFTS.

Research papers should be between 8-40 pages (eight to forty) in length.
Panel submissions, poster submissions, research-in-progress or great ideas
for teaching students, may be more impressionistic and are of an open
length. Whichever path you decide to take, please feel encouraged to share
with us your work on your terms. The beauty of communication as an academic
discipline is the way that it allows for a variety of theoretical,
methodological and conceptual approaches. All are welcome here.

Awards are available for the top faculty, top undergraduate and top
graduate papers. We believe in showcasing good work and meaningful ideas
that might not always find a home at other conferences. Even if your path
has taken you outside of the geographic boundaries of the Carolinas, we
welcome communication research from near and far. Our conference is often
the first conference for undergraduate or graduate students. Our conference
is also one that seasoned faculty often find themselves returning to (or
attending for the first time) to learn about ongoing work in the
discipline, to reconnect with colleagues, former students and old friends,
and to meet new ones as well.

    We are living in recognition of the paths that have been established
for us by our predecessors. We invite those who have had previous
affiliations with our region or our association to feel inspired to return
anew. We are able to do the good work we are doing because of the paths
that others have taken before us. Join us at Mars Hill University in Mars
Hill, North Carolina, on September 24-25, 2021. We look forward to seeing
you there.

Please submit your work as a .doc or .pdf attachment to Dr. Peter Joseph
Gloviczki <pgloviczki at coker.edu> no later than May 15, 2021. Early
submissions are welcomed and encouraged. Again, we continue to monitor the
public health situation and we will prioritize the health and safety of our
community. We will provide updates as the situation warrants, and we
welcome questions from our community. We look forward to receiving your
submissions!

CCA2021, #findyourpath

The Executive Committee of the Carolinas Communication Association

*Thank you to Coker University senior Skylar Stowers ‘20 for devising the
#findyourpath hashtag for the conference. Thank you also to Dr. Gloviczki’s
public relations writing students for feedback that strengthened this
call.

Peter Joseph Gloviczki, PhD    he/him/his
Associate Professor of Communication
Coker University
300 East College Avenue
Hartsville, South Carolina 29550
843.383.8379
pgloviczki at coker.edu

Assistant Editor, Journal of Loss and Trauma (Taylor & Francis)
Immediate Past Head, Cultural and Critical Studies Division, AEJMC
1st Vice President, Carolinas Communication Association