[Air-L] CFP | Special Issue on Cyber Situational Awareness Techniques and Human Factors (Journal of Cybersecurity and Privacy)

HANAN HINDY 1704847 at abertay.ac.uk
Tue Nov 17 03:43:24 PST 2020

(We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this email)

Special Issue "Cyber Situational Awareness Techniques and Human Factors" (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/jcp/special_issues/Cyber_Situational_Aware)
MDPI Journal of Cybersecurity and Privacy

Dear Colleagues,

Over the past decade, the rise of new technologies, such as the Internet of Things and associated interfaces, has dramatically increased our reliance on the cyberspace and the need to understand our environment accurately, to predict, respond, and solve potential cybersecurity problems that may occur.
Cyber situational awareness focuses on the correlation of disparate data, playing an integral role in information assurance. In order to achieve cyber situational awareness, understand new threats, and better our defenses, we must obtain relevant information across organizational structures and turn it into usable intelligence allowing security analysts and operators to:

  *   Make informed decisions;
  *   Visualize their environment;
  *   Understand the security posture of the infrastructure;

  *   Understand the destructive actions of adversaries;
  *   Identify key indicators of malicious activities;
  *   Determine the best defense to hinder or stop said malicious activities.

While these applications of CSA have been proven beneficial for the cybersecurity industry, they have also highlighted a number of shortcomings, such as the lack of interconnection with human factors, the difficulty to create fusion centers, the lack of a collaborative defense approach (from a user or network perspective), and the need for CSA frameworks, to name a few.
This Special Issue on "Cyber Situational Awareness Techniques and Human Factors" is aimed at industrial and academic researchers applying non-traditional methods to solve cybersecurity problems.

The key areas of this Special Issue include but are not limited to:

  *   situational awareness assessments
  *   information security metrics and measurements
  *   OSING
  *   cyber behavioral analytics and profiling
  *   PsyOPS
  *   web analytics and incident response
  *   social network intelligence
  *   game theory
  *   cyberattack scenarios
  *   situation-aware application
  *   context-aware application
  *   situation-aware network
  *   context-aware network
  *   attack graphs
  *   security and incident analysis
  *   sensor fusion
  *   data correlation
  *   cyber psychology
  *   human decision control
  *   proactive defense strategies

Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2021.
For more information: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/jcp/special_issues/Cyber_Situational_Aware

Best regards,
Special Issue Editors