[Air-L] HUMAN+ 2-year post-doc opportunities at Trinity College Dublin: AR’s impact on users’ self-image & identity

Jennifer O'Meara omearaja at tcd.ie
Tue Nov 17 07:48:04 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I wish to share the call for Postdoc applicants to the HUMAN+ programme
at Trinity College Dublin, co-funded by the ERC’s Marie
Skłodowska-Curie Actions: *humanplus.ie <http://humanplus.ie>.* The programme
focuses on human-centric approaches to technological innovations and will
appoint up to 18 fellows for two-year periods between 2021 and 2025, with
half of these fellows coming from the Arts & Humanities.

I'm interested in mentoring a 2-year Post-Doc on the theme of
*“Augmented Reality’s
impact on users’ self-image & identity.”* Applicants will likely have a PhD
in some aspect of film/media/cultural studies, which would enable them to
design a more specific research project: for example, by placing AR in the
context of film and screen history through questions of gaze,
self-recordings, machine vision, experimental media, etc.

The post-doc would be co-supervised by Aljosa Smolic, Prof. of
Creative Technologies & PI of V-SENSE, a large centre of Visual Computing
with an emphasis on VR and AR (https://v-sense.scss.tcd.ie).

Full details of the programme are available at the website (humanplus.ie)
and potential applicants can contact me to discuss an application related
to the designated AR theme: https://humanplus.ie/supervisors/dr-jennifer
-omeara/.

Best wishes,
Jennifer

Dr Jennifer O’Meara
Assistant Professor in Film Studies

Director of Undergraduate Teaching and Learning, School of Creative Arts
Trinity College Dublin, theUniversity of Dublin
Dublin 2, Ireland.

jennifer.omeara at tcd.ie

www.tcd.ie/creative-arts