[Air-L] CFP: AI Arts and Cultures Salon

Jonathan Cohn cohn at ualberta.ca
Tue Nov 24 09:23:42 PST 2020

CALL FOR PAPERS & CREATIVE WORK University of Alberta AI Arts and Culture Monthly Salon

 Do you have AI arts and Cultures related research you’d like to workshop?  Perhaps a paper you are revising for publication or a research creation project you’d like some notes on? The AI Arts & Cultures Salon at the University of Alberta is an interdisciplinary workshop  focused on giving early career scholars a chance to share and present new in-process work! If you have some research you’d like to discuss with some like-minded scholars, we would love to hear from you.  We welcome scholars and practitioners from across the arts, humanities & social sciences working on or with AI, Machine Learning, and other related technologies.

Format: Throughout 2021, we will be doing monthly online workshops focused on one research and/or artistic project.  All papers and/or artistic works will be pre-circulated.  During the workshop, you will give a 10-15 minute presentation on your work followed by an extended Q&A.  We promise to be frank, honest, constructive, and kind.

How to Apply: Please send an extended abstract or full draft or images of the work you would like to present to cohn at ualberta.ca <mailto:cohn at ualberta.ca>. Even if we cannot fit you into our schedule, we will send you notes back on your work.

Small honoraria will also be provided to support your work and pay for your time.

The deadline is rolling and please feel free to send this to anyone you know who might be interested 

Jonathan Cohn
Director, Digital Humanities
Assistant Professor, English and Film Studies
University of Alberta
ᐊᒥᐢᑿᒌᐚᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ (Amiskwacîwâskahikan), Treaty 6/Métis Territory

Newish Book: The Burden of Choice: Recommendations, Subversion, and Algorithmic Culture <https://www.rutgersuniversitypress.org/the-burden-of-choice/9780813597812>

(Via Amazon <https://www.amazon.com/Burden-Choice-Recommendations-Subversion-Algorithmic/dp/0813597811/> or Powell <https://www.powells.com/book/-9780813597812>)