[Air-L] Reminder: You're Invited to Submit a Session Proposal for Mozfest 2021 (Deadline Nov 30th)

Ahmed Medien ahmed.medien at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 12:42:44 PST 2020

Hi everyone,

Mozest (Mozilla Internet Festival) is a unique hybrid: part art, tech and
society convening, part maker festival, and the premiere gathering for
activists in diverse global movements fighting for a more humane digital
world.

This year, I'm co-chairing the *openness* space. I'm especially interested
in scholarly research work that interrogates digital content safety on
online service platforms, content detection and moderation practices, and
their repercussions on freedom of expression and digital safety.

That’s why I’m excited to invite you
<https://www.mozillafestival.org/get-involved/proposals/>and your community
to participate in the first-ever virtual MozFest!

Submit A Session Idea for MozFest This Year
<https://www.mozillafestival.org/get-involved/proposals/>

We’re excited to use the programming that we’ve honed over a decade of
festivals – participant-led sessions, immersive art exhibits, space for
spontaneous conversations, inspiring Dialogues & Debates – to address
current and global crises. Through our Call for Session Proposals (where
you're invited to propose an interactive workshop to host at the festival),
we’ll seek solutions together, through the lens of trustworthy artificial
intelligence.

If you or someone you know is interested in leading a session at MozFest
this year, you can submit your session idea here
<https://www.mozillafestival.org/get-involved/proposals/>! The
deadline is *November
30th.*

Kind regards,