[Air-L] Text/Data Mining Software Suggestions: for YouTube, Facebook & Instagram?

Schaefer, M.T. (Mirko) m.t.schaefer at uu.nl
Tue Nov 10 10:06:37 PST 2020

Hi all,

there is already some documentation about platforms trying to stifle research. The ones Bernhard mentioned and there were also very informative links in the replies to my request about "Legal challenges for researchers" on this list (28 October). Also note the case of Spotify trying to prevent the publication of the Spotify Teardown book by our colleagues in Sweden (I had no idea that Rolling Stone covered this: https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/spotify-teardown-book-streaming-music-790174/)

I am still looking for examples of GDPR challenges for the kind of research that is represented on this list, and I am still very much interested to what extent universities are supporting researchers in dealing with these issues.

Cheers,
mirko