[Air-L] Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies, Ph.D. program application deadline 4 January, 2021

Jeffery Joe Hemsley jjhemsle at syr.edu
Wed Oct 21 11:13:00 PDT 2020

Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies welcomes applicants for our Ph.D. program.

The interdisciplinarity of our program is visible through the backgrounds of the 30 current doctoral students and the faculty involved.  Doctoral students pursue individualized course plans that are tuned to their particular research interests and needs.  This means advising and close working relationships with faculty members are cornerstones of the Syracuse University iSchool Ph.D. program. This is why our program is both residential and full-time.
Current students hail from ten countries and have academic training in the social sciences, communications, business, computer science, librarianship, linguistics, information science, data science and other areas.   Our doctoral program is a welcoming and inclusive place for scholars from under-represented populations, something we see as a defining element of our program.
We celebrate the success of our recent graduates who are taking up tenure-track positions in premier research institutions and exceptional liberal arts colleges, excelling in academic and policy think tanks, and pursuing entrepreneurial success! Current students are earning awards for their publications and dissertation work, continuing a long tradition of such recognition.
We encourage you to contact faculty seeking doctoral students for 2021 to discuss shared interests: https://ischool.syr.edu/faculty-recruiting-phd-students/!
Applications are due 4 January 2021.  Admitted students making satisfactory progress are assured of up to five years of funding (including three years of summer support) along with tuition and other support.

You can learn more about the iSchool PhD program at
https://ischool.syr.edu/academics/ph-d-in-information-science-and-technology/
You can learn PhD application process at
https://ischool.syr.edu/admissions-aid/how-to-apply/phd-application-checklist/
You can learn more about the Syracuse iSchool faculty and interests at https://ischool.syr.edu/research/#research
Please reach out to the faculty members whose interests draw you forward to talk about opportunities, as admission
You are also welcome to contact director, Steve ssawyer at syr.edu<mailto:ssawyer at syr.edu>; or, the doctoral programs manager, Jennifer Barclay, at istphd at syr.edu<mailto:istphd at syr.edu> with questions.