[Air-L] Post-doctoral research associate position on 'drones in visual culture' research project

Elisa Serafinelli e.serafinelli at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Oct 22 01:42:07 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I am currently hiring a postdoc to work with me on my new project.

*Drones in Visual Culture: Developing a New Theory of Visual Mobile
Communication*, led by Dr Elisa Serafinelli (me) & funded by the AHRC, aims
to understand whether and how the use of drone technology in society is
changing the way people see the world and our visual culture more broadly,
and to extend and innovate current theoretical approaches to visual mobile
communication. More information can be found here:
https://gtr.ukri.org/projects?ref=AH%2FT012528%2F1 .

I am appointing a post-doctoral research associate for one year, 50% FTE. The
successful applicant will have, or be in the process of submitting, a PhD
in a relevant area. Knowledge of relevant theories in the fields of visual
communication, cultural studies and digital media, along with experience in
qualitative research and visual analysis would be advantageous. Experience
of conducting research under the national research ethics framework is
essential. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, report
writing skills, and experience of delivering presentations are also
essential along with strong IT skills.

*Job Reference Number:* UOS026614

*Contract Type:* Fixed-term for 12 months

*Working Pattern:* Part-time working 50% FTE, days of working to be agreed

*Salary:* Grade 7: £31,866 - £34,804 pro-rata per annum.

*Closing Date:* 11th November 2020
More details of the post can be found HERE
<https://jobs.shef.ac.uk/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9NUY4RjBGMzVFOTU3MTg5NUUxMDAwMDAwQUMxRTg4NzgmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-client=400&sap-language=EN&sap-accessibility=X&sap-ep-themeroot=%2fSAP%2fPUBLIC%2fBC%2fUR%2fuos#>,
or you can email me.

Best,

*Dr Elisa Serafinelli*
*Research Fellow*
Sociological Studies
University of Sheffield
Western Rd
Sheffield
S10 2TU

Tel: 0114 222 6470 (external), 26470 (internal)
Room: Elmfield, 110

Serafinelli E. (2020): Networked Remembrance in the Time of
*Insta-Memories,* *Social Media + Society, *1-12.
https://doi.org/10.1177/2056305120940799