[Air-L] Phd Program in Info & Media at MSU

Rabindra Ratan ♬ raratan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 06:08:05 PDT 2020

[apologies for cross-posting]
Dear Future PhD Students (and scholars who forward emails to them),

If you are interested in the field(s) of Information & Media, please
consider applying for our PhD program at Michigan State University
<https://comartsci.msu.edu/academics/academic-departments/advertising-public-relations-journalism-media-information/graduate>.
We specialize in:

- Human-computer interaction, games and meaningful play (e.g., my lab group
<https://www.spartielab.comartsci.msu.edu/>)
- Social media and social computing
- Management info system (policy and economics)
- Health (media, ICT and development)

For more details, check out our faculty directory
<https://comartsci.msu.edu/directory?department=6&type=20> and dept page
<https://comartsci.msu.edu/departments/media-and-information>.

MSU is now be offering several prestigious fellowship opportunities for
outstanding applicants. For our Fall 2020-21 cohort, applicants will
compete for these following fellowships, which are offered in addition to
our standard stipend, health insurance, tuition remission, and generous
travel allowance (last year we funded every doctoral student’s trip to
major conventions where they had a refereed paper!):

Dean’s Award ($10,000)
Brandt Outstanding Doctoral Award ($7,500)
Brandt Doctoral Award ($5,000)

Thanks for considering/passing this along to any excellent undergrad or MA
(or unhappy PhD ;) students in your department!

If you have any questions about the program, feel free to reach out to me
or the director of our program (Patricia Huddleston, huddles2 at msu.edu).

And hope you're all weathering the pandemic/presidential pandemonium as
peacefully as possible.

Robby Ratan
Rabindra (Robby) Ratan
Associate Professor and AT&T Scholar
Dept of Media & Info, Michigan State University
robbyratan.com