[Air-L] CDT Non-Residential Fellows program - call for applications

Dhanaraj Thakur dthakur at cdt.org
Tue Oct 27 09:44:30 PDT 2020

Hi all,

The Center for Democracy & Technology has an ongoing non-residential
Fellows program <https://cdt.org/about/fellows/> as part of its role of
building engagement between the research and policy-making communities.
We are now accepting applications for the 2021-23 cohort and are looking
for researchers from diverse disciplines and backgrounds advocating for
digital rights. The Fellows program is a great opportunity for
researchers to inform our policy advocacy work and to engage with
policy-makers in the US and EU.

What CDT offers to Fellows:

  * CDT commits to providing a platform for publishing relevant fellows’
    work, as well as providing regular updates on key tech and internet
    policy developments.
  * Fellows are invited to attend certain CDT-branded public events and
    webinars, including our Annual Dinner, Tech Prom, as guests of CDT.
  * Throughout the fellowship, CDT Fellows will have the opportunity to
    engage with our team, and to provide feedback and suggestions on
    policy positions, white papers, research, and other outputs.

Fellows are also encouraged to contribute original writing to CDT’s blog
and engage in collaborative projects with our research and policy teams.
Fellows may also be invited to conduct research in collaboration with
CDT on mutually agreed projects that relate to CDT’s core research and
advocacy work. Fellows are welcome to propose joint research projects
that they think would be a good fit for CDT.

We encourage applications from interested persons who will commit to a
two-year, nonresident engagement and possess a Ph.D., JD, or equivalent
in their respective field of study..These can include but are not
limited to public policy, sociology, psychology, computer science,
economics, law, etc. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter,
including areas of interest and how they are aligned with CDT’s work,
resume, and one relevant writing sample which should already be
published. To send applications or request further information please
contact Jamal Magby at jmagby at cdt.org

More on the CDT: For twenty-five years, CDT has been a leading nonprofit
public interest organization, working at the cutting edge of digital
rights policy. With expertise in law, technology, and policy, CDT
engages in a variety of strategies to enhance civil liberties and human
rights in the digital age, including advocacy, public education, and
research. CDT works on legislation, participates in agency rule-makings,
engages in litigation, and fosters consensus-building among public
interest and private sector stakeholders. Key issue areas include free
expression, privacy and data, government surveillance, cybersecurity and
standards, open internet, election security, and competition. CDT is
headquartered in Washington, D.C., and collaborates closely with its
partner organization, CDT Europe, which is based in Brussels. For more
information, please visit our website <https://cdt.org/>.

thanks,

Dhanaraj

--

*Dhanaraj Thakur* (he/him) | Research Director
Center for Democracy & Technology |*cdt.org <https://cdt.org/>*