[Air-L] Digital Realignment -- a new report

Dipayan Ghosh ghosh.d7 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 11:26:07 PDT 2020

Hello colleagues!

Debate about platform regulation is intensifying rapidly, with the recent
House report, last week’s DoJ suit against Google and today’s hearings on
Section 230. Today Nick Couldry at LSE and I published our take on platform
regulation here
<https://www.hks.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/centers/mrcbg/working.papers/AWP_155_final.pdf>
.

We argue, drawing on the great work of many on this list, that approaches
to date do not go nearly far enough to address the social harms that the
major platforms’ business model generates: what is needed is a complete
regulatory reset that realigns platforms' relations with our society and
our politics.

We’d love to hear all and any thoughts and reactions to our report.

All the best,

-Dipayan

*Dipayan Ghosh, Ph.D.*

Digital Platforms & Democracy Project  |  Harvard Kennedy School

dir: (617) 496-0337  |  cell: (860) 933-6225

@ghoshd7 <https://twitter.com/ghoshd7>

My new book, Terms of Disservice
<https://www.amazon.com/Terms-Disservice-Silicon-Valley-Destructive/dp/0815737653>,
is out now!